5 or 6 large Yukon gold potatoes, peeled
3-4 Tbsp butter
1/2 – 3/4 cup warm milk
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 1/2 large onion chopped
1.5 kg ground turkey (breast)
2 large carrots, shredded
2 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley
1/2 Tsp dried thyme
2 cloves garlic,minced
1 chicken bouillon cube – 10 g
2 Tbsp all purpose flour
Salt to taste, omit for low salt version
Ground black pepper to taste
- Boil potatoes until tender, about 20 minutes. Mash potatoes with butter and milk. Season with salt and pepper to taste and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onions and saute until softened and translucent, about 5 minutes. Stir in garlic, carrot, parsley, thyme, garlic. Add cube of chicken bouillon, stir until mixed. Add ground turkey. Stir until cooked through. Stir in flour and cook for 1 minute more.
- Transfer meat mixture to a casserole dish. Spread mashed potatoes over meat and shape with a spatula, swirl with a fork or pipe. Lightly sprinkle paprika and chopped parsley on top
- Bake in a preheated oven until the tops of mashed potatoes are lightly browned, about 30 minutes.