- 1 cup white rice
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- Rinse the rice until the water is almost clear. Drain well.
- In a 2 litre pot, melt the butter over low medium heat. Add the rice and stir constantly until the most of the grains are opaque.
- Add the water, bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and cook for 18 minutes.
- Check that the rice is cooked. Remove from the heat, wrap the lid with a clean dishtowel and cover. Let sit for 10 minutes before eating.