- 1/3 can of tomato paste
- 10 cups of chicken or turkey stock
- 16 ounces stewed tomatoes
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Ditalini pasta, cooked, or another small pasta
- 2 handfuls of frozen, cooked chickpeas
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Grated Parmesan cheese, optional
In a stock pot on medium heat, add the first 6 ingredients and bring to almost a boil. Reduce to a simmer.
Add cooked pasta and chickpeas. When heated through, serve immediately.
Adapted from Mom’s Minestrone, P. 79 The Soup Sisters and Broth Brothers Cookbook, Random House, 2014